Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Maher Weekly Menu


I have never been very good with menu planning. For some reason I like to wait until the last minute and then decide what I will make for dinner. For breakfast and lunch I usually let Hadassah decide what she wants and then I will eat the same. I'm sure you have noticed as I have that the cost of groceries has sky rocketed. I am not complaining. However, we are trying to skim down our budget as a whole and this include the grocery budget. So, I am going to start doing a weekly (or monthly) menu. This does not mean I can't change things around if I have a hankering for something a little different. But for the most past I will be following this menu when grocery shopping in order to save money and not purchase unnecessary items.

Monday
Breakfast: Rice pudding with honey and cinnamon, bananas
Lunch: Cheese quesadilla w/ ww tortillas, salsa, sour cream and avacado
Dinner: Left overs, spaghetti casserole, grilled chicken, coos coos and green salad

Tuesday
Breakfast: Pancakes with real maple syrup and fresh berries
Lunch: Tuna sandwiches w/ pickles, carrot slices
Dinner: Family Dinner Night, Sausage Bake, green salad

Wednesday
Breakfast: Eggs and Toast, fresh berries
Lunch: bean soup, ww sourdough bread
Dinner: Church Picnic

Thursday
Breakfast: Oatmeal with fresh berries
Lunch: bean soup, ww sourdough bread
Dinner:Grilled chicken and ceasar salad

Friday (leaving for Knappa)
Breakfast: French Toast with fresh berries
Lunch: Pizza sandwich melt, carrot stickes
Dinner: Steak, black bean, corn, taco seasoning dish with fresh salsa, sour cream and avacados

Saturday
Breakfast: French Toast, yogurt and fresh berries
Lunch: Lunch with friends
Dinner: Hamburgers, potato salad, chips
Dessert: Berry Pie with homemade vanilla ice cream

Sunday
Breakfast: Yogurt and fresh berries
Lunch: Potluck at Camp Rilea (family day)
Dinner: Church BBQ

Grocery shopping List
  • Avacados (Whole Foods)
  • Inn Keepers Bread (Costco)
  • Chicken (Costco)
  • Romain Lettuce (Whole Foods)
  • Cucumber (Whole Foods)
  • Red or green leaf lettuce (Whole Foods)
  • Soy Sauce (Whole Foods)
  • Yogurt (Whole Foods) note to self, start making your own yogurt.
  • Mozzarella Cheese (Costco)
  • Making baby food sweet potatoes, aparagus, green beans, broccoli (Whole Foods)
  • Bananas (Whole Foods)
  • Pomona's Pectin (Whole Foods) planning to go berry picking tomorrow
*I am hoping to make it to the Farmers Market this week to purchase fresh fruit and veggies so that I do not have to go to Whole Foods. Also, the Fred Meyers by our house has a really good selections of organic produce and a decent health food section.

For more menu planning ideas go to The Organized Junkie

No comments: