Sunday, September 12, 2010

Am I Back...

well probably not.

As I was talking with my friend Tiffany the other day she says "I sure wish you would post on your blog". My response, "you mean after I train and homeschool my children, tend to my husband, clean the kitchen and weed the garden". Of course when I returned home I thought of all the other things I had to do...move furniture and nick-nacks so our new windows can be install this week (the week I start school at home), vacuum and mop all the floors, prepare the garden and flower beds for winter, start and finish decorating/painting the girl's room, so on and so on...

But as I was driving to and from Seattle yesterday (taking my little brother to the airport so he can fly to Europe) I realized it may be some what therapeutic to get my thoughts down on 'paper'. So here I am. Do I expect to stay? Well, time and time again I have had good intentions to post daily, I mean weekly, I mean monthly...on this blog and it has never happened. Nevertheless, I will try again.

So my first day back I thought I would tell you all once again how much I LOVE FALL!! It brings with it so much joy, along with comfort food, cool days, candles burning and beautiful colors.

This morning when I awoke I thought it a wonderful day to play fall. So I lit a candle, brewed a cup of Stumptown Coffee and whipped up a batch of Zucchini Blueberry Bread. You should try them. They are super yummy and a great way to use up all the zucchini that you have in your pantry.

Zucchini Blueberry Bread
3 eggs
2 c. vegetable oil (I recommend coconut oil or grape seed oil)
3 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/4 c. sugar
2 c. grated zucchini
3 c. flour (I used all purpose gluten free flour)
1 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 T. cinnamon
1 pint of blueberries
Mix together wet ingredients. In separate bowl mix together try ingredients. Then fold them together along with blueberries.
Back at 350 for 50 min.

*This morning I made this recipe into muffins. I have also used a mini loaf pan and a regular loaf pan. All come out beautifully. Enjoy~


2 comments:

Sherrie said...

I hope you are back, I always love to see what's going on in your life!! you can edit your profile now since you are a mother to your 3 girls!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! You know what else -- having my blog helps me stay on track, believe it or not. It's kind of an accountability thing for me. You probably don't need that, but I sure do at times!

I always love your recipes!